Experience the difference

Santa Rosa Modification Lawyer

Sonoma County Child Support Modification Attorney

Family law court orders may be modified under certain circumstances. If you are seeking to modify a court order or oppose the modification of a court order, it is important that you retain an experienced family law attorney who can protect your rights.

For help in the North Bay area, contact the Law Offices of James V. Sansone in Santa Rosa, California. We handle a wide range of modification proceedings, including:

  • Child support modifications
  • Child custody modifications
  • Visitation modifications
  • Spousal support modifications

Child Support Modifications and Spousal Support Modifications

To obtain a child support modification, you must demonstrate a significant change of circumstances since the time the last child support order was entered. If you or your spouse has received a significant pay raise or pay cut, or if you or your spouse have been laid off from your job, a child support modification may be appropriate in your case. Increased needs of a minor child may also warrant a child support modification.

We represent parents who are seeking an increased child support award and clients who are seeking a decreased child support obligation because of a significant change of financial circumstances. Contact an experienced modification lawyer at our firm for assistance.

We also assist spouses who are seeking a spousal support modification. If your financial circumstances have changed significantly since the time that a spousal support order was entered, you may be able to obtain a spousal support modification.

Custody and Visitation Modifications

There is a very high standard for modifying a custody award. However, a change of custody may be warranted if the physical or mental well-being of a child is not served by a current custodial arrangement. Modifying a visitation schedule is easier than a full change of custody, but still requires proof that the change is in the best interests of the minor child.

Contact Us

To schedule a consultation with a Santa Rosa modification attorney, contact the Law Offices of James V. Sansone at 707-623-1875 or contact us by e-mail.