What If Someone Doesn't Follow The Court Order?

Do you need help enforcing a family law court order? For experienced legal representation, contact the Law Offices of James V. Sansone in Santa Rosa, California. We represent clients in a variety of court order enforcement proceedings, including:

  • Child support enforcement
  • Spousal support enforcement
  • Property division enforcement

We are committed to providing quality legal representation at reasonable rates.

Child Support Enforcement

We have represented many clients in child support enforcement cases. When representing a parent who has not received the full child support he or she is owed under the terms of a court order, we can file a motion seeking that the other parent be held in contempt of court.

California courts have significant power to compel noncompliant parents to pay their child support. In many cases, we are able to negotiate an agreement with the other parent, but we are prepared to argue in the courtroom when necessary to protect our clients' rights. In addition to seeking unpaid child support, we can seek an award of interest on the unpaid support.

Spousal Support And Property Division Enforcement

After a divorce order is issued, husbands and wives who are ordered to pay spousal support typically comply for a period of time, but occasionally they stop paying spousal support after a period of time has lapsed. In some cases, an individual has lost a job but has failed to seek a modification of an existing court order. In other cases, individuals simply refuse to comply with a court order.

We represent clients who are seeking to enforce or modify a spousal support order. Given our knowledge of California support laws, we are in a strong position to provide the sound advice and vigorous representation our clients need.

We also provide representation for clients in property division enforcement actions. It is not uncommon after a divorce for an angry ex-spouse to refuse to sign over a deed, fail to take action required to sell or transfer property or fail to take other actions required by court order. We have experience helping clients when their former spouse is noncompliant with the property division requirements of a divorce order.

Get Started By Calling Us Today

To schedule a consultation with an experienced, contact the Law Offices of James V. Sansone at 707-623-1875.